- 100g caster sugar (I would use vanilla infused)
- 90g S/R Flour
- 4 medium eggs
- 30g cornflour
- 2 tbsp of raspberry jam (If you want to use sugar free you can)
- 200g firm fresh raspberries
- 150ml whipping cream (you can use double but it has a higher fat content)
- 90ml lower fat Fromage Frais
- 1-2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp of icing sugar
- You will also need two 8 inch sandwich tins greased and lined.
- Preheat the oven 180ºC
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar in a free standing machine with the whisk attachment or with a hand-whisk until it is light, fluffy and trebled in volume. Fold in the flours with a metal spoon, divide between 2 prepared sandwich tins and bake in a pre-heated oven for 12-14 mins.
- Leave to cool completely in the tins standing on wire racks.
- Whisk together the cream, fromage frais and vanilla until it holds its shape. Place one of the cooled sponges onto a serving plate, spread with jam, form a ring of raspberries around the edge, fill the middle with 2/3 of the whipped cream. Place the second sponge on the top, cover with the remaining cream and raspberries, dust with icing sugar and serve.